Makkink’s flower farm is looking forward to a new season of growing, harvesting and designing beautiful weekly bouquets for you and your friends in 2023. New this year, we will be offering bouquet subscriptions. This is a great way to enjoy your bouquet on a regular basis or to give away as a gift to a friend.
In 2023 Makkink’s Flower Farm will be offering bouquet subscriptions in the following four formats:
- Monthly’ (one premium bouquet each month, offering floral highlights all season long!),
- Bi-Weekly A’ (spanning the full season, 11 alternating weeks)
- Bi-Weekly B’ (spanning the full season, 11 alternating weeks)
- Dahlia Love’ (six weeks of gorgeous dahlias in their prime season).
For more information on each subscription, please read through the descriptions available at the point of order. Each of our subscriptions include a series of beautiful, fresh, local, and seasonal bouquets, available for pick-up at the farm or delivery on scheduled Thursday’s between 12:30PM and 6.30 PM. (Delivery is Tillsonburg only)
Before you order, a few important notes about the coming season:
- We would like to point out that although there is no “Full Season Weekly” offering this year, you can still enjoy a full growing season of fresh, local, flowers. To receive flowers every week, simply purchase both the Bi-weekly A and the Bi-Weekly B subscriptions.
- As always, we will do our best to accommodate you when travels or other commitments prevent from picking up or delivery, however it is very important that we receive advanced notice when you are unable to collect your subscription. When you know you will be away it
would be very much appreciated if you are able to offer your bouquet to a friend or neighbour to enjoy in your absence.
- Finally, if our subscription options do not meet your specific needs, please know that we have Gift Certificates available! Our Gift Certificates can be redeemed for bouquets and experiences of your choice, and anytime throughout the season. If you would like more information or to
purchase a Gift Certificates, please visit our website. www.makkinks.com/shop
NOTE: All members of our 2023 subscriptions will receive a detailed email outlining these pick- up / delivery instructions prior to their first subscription pick-up or delivery of the season! The Bi-Weekly share is unique as it spans both the early and late growing season – which, of course, offers members of this share the greatest variety in seasonal flowers. From Spring treasures to high-Fall favourites, this share walks members through a true Ontario Spring, Summer and Fall season of flowers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes!! In 2012 Makkink’s Flower Farm made the choice to use exclusively local flowers and foliage in all our designs. All the flowers in your bouquet will have been grown here. In fact, most of them will have been started from seed in our greenhouses, some seeded as early as January and then hand planted out into our fields. The only thing better than that is knowing that the flowers have been harvested fresh and carefully arranged, just for you, all within 72 hours of your scheduled pick-up or delivery!
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to pick-up one of your bouquets please send us advanced notice via email OR arrange to have a friend collect your subscription on your behalf. If a friend is picking up your flowers, it is important that you inform us that someone else will be collecting your bouquet (otherwise, we may not release it to them!).
We will not be keeping any uncollected or forgotten bouquets in our cooler or offering ‘make-up’ bouquets for a later date. To not arrange collection for your bouquet within 48hrs of the scheduled pick-up window is to forfeit your bouquet that week – which we truly hope you will not do. Our team works incredibly hard to prepare a bouquet, of only the freshest local and seasonal flowers, for every one of our CSA members each week.
To have our members not collect their flowers during the scheduled window is very discouraging and, sadly, defeats the intention of our work. So, any uncollected bouquets will be donated to a near-by special care home for the residents to enjoy.
If you would like to sign up for the Full Season, to receive a full summer’s worth of
WEEKLY flowers in 2023, be sure to “add to cart” both the ‘Bi-Weekly A’ and the ‘Bi-
Weekly B’ before proceeding to the checkout.
You will be able to pick-up your bouquets on scheduled Thursday’s at Makkink’s Flower Farm in Tillsonburg. The Pick-Up/ delivery Window will be from 12:30PM – 6:30PM. The farm is located on 164604 Kellett RD in Tillsonburg.
Delivery will also be in the same time slot, if the recipients is not at home, we will
deliver the bouquet at their doorstep in a pail with water.